Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Mall Play Area

I took Autumn to the play area at the mall for the first time. Mostly it has taken me this long because I HATE malls, so I had no desire to ever stay in one long enough to let her play in one. But we were coming up on nap time and I needed to tire her out before putting her back in the car for the ride home. As it is she didn't fall asleep in the car, but did when she got to her crib. One little boy, about a year older walked right up to her and chest bumped her. That was the first odd thing. She kept trying to climb up the fire truck slide and there was a lady with her daughter that started using the slide while she was going down it. I tried to make a joke to her, but she ignored me and kept making her daughter run into Autumn. Finally, there was a set of 3 sisters who sort of adopted her. They kept putting their faces about an inch from hers and smiling and laughing with her. She'd get up to go somewhere else and all three of them would hover around her every step of the way. At one point I saw the older one pick up a small toy or something and put it on the ledge of the play area, so I thought that was nice. I was trying to find a balance between interfering and letting her play. She seemed to really enjoy herself and even kissed the giant turtle on his head a few times (ew!).



Play Area from Deb on Vimeo.

No comments: