Sunday, October 18, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

The pumpkin patch. Oh, the pumpkin patch. I would very much like to remember the pumpkin patch this year as fondly as I remember last year's visit. And maybe if I didn't write about her tantrums here and just showed the pictures I would forget about the unpleasant events of the day. Maybe I'll just mention that she's turning 2 in 3 months and that random mood swings and being completely unreasonable has been par for the course the past few days. Why wouldn't she enjoy sitting on a bunch of fun pumpkins? Why would she struggle every time she was picked up, even if it was to let her see something better? She just wants to do it herself. Going so far as to say "Keep" to us, as in "keep your hands to yourselves, parents".











These two pictures were the most like the ones I didn't select for this post. Her arms are up because Richard is holding her and she is struggling to get away. "Get, keep!" she says.


Here she is riding the train that we had to wait about 30 min for a 5 min ride. She did enjoy that, but there were torturous moments during the waiting. With lots of witnesses to our struggles. Not fun.

We didn't buy any pumpkins here, we'll go to a local church for that next weekend, and hopefully she'll be a tad more cooperative. But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments: