Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Christmas in June

I'm usually the one who walks around with Autumn at bedtime so she'll go to sleep. I've found that humming often helps keep her calm (or at least helps pass the time while walking around in the dark). Most of the time I just make up a little tune, although sometimes I can tell I'm humming little bits of a song I know. So last night, I start walking around humming and start off some little ditty which eventually turns into four lines of a song. I've heard the song before but I can't remember what it is or where I heard it. I just keep repeating it over and over.

Deb comes by and says, "Christmas carol."

"Wha?"

"You're humming a Christmas carol."

"I am?"

She then sings my humming with the actual words (which I still can't remember the song since I slept since then). Yup, Christmas carol.

"It works," I say as I keep walking in the dark.

1 comment:

Deb said...

It was The Addams Family this evening!