Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sleeping is Serious Business!

This morning I was trying to get Autumn back to sleep after her morning feeding, but she really wasn't in the mood. It took about 10 minutes for her to finally calm down, then her eyes started drooping, and finally she stopping doing her patented "wait, I'm falling asleep, we can't have that" full body wiggles. I carefully set her down in the pack'n'play, trying to be as gentle as possible. Unfortunately as soon as she touched the bed, her eyes pop open, her back arches, her hands rub her cheeks, and she gets the biggest grin on her face.

I point at her sternly and say "This is no laughing matter!" She thought that was really funny.

I pick her up and start to rock and bounce her back to sleep. Once again, eyes droop, wiggles cease, and carefully she goes into the pack'n'play. And once again, eyes open, back arches, hands rub, and mouth grins.

"Look, this is serious business! You need to go back to sleep!" She wriggled around in the bed a few times to show me how much respect she has for my authority. Yup, definitely her mother's daughter. I was beginning to suspect that she wasn't going back to sleep but the third time was the charm.

Added by Deb:
Well, she woke up at 8 and you left at 7:50, so there wasn't much business being done!

Oh, and I heard you through the monitor. You weren't as stern as you thought you were. I heard you laughing with her! She's hard to resist though, I'll give you that!

No comments: